The decision to invest is an important step on your retirement journey. Your financial priorities are likely to shift along the way, so figuring out how to invest is even more crucial. Wherever you are on your retirement journey, you can be sure that RBC Retirement Portfolios are positioned to help you achieve your retirement goals.
Why RBC Retirement Portfolios?
The RBC Retirement Portfolios use a target-date approach. They are designed for investors who want a complete solution that automatically adjusts to every step you will take on your retirement journey. You choose the date you hope to retire and save regularly – we’ll give you a clear, simple yet sophisticated path to retirement. Whether you are decades away from retiring, ready to retire soon, or already retired.
1 Statistics Canada. Table 14-10-0060-01 Retirement age by class of worker, annual, 2022
2 Statistics Canada, Table 13-10-0114-01, Life expectancy and other elements of the complete life table, three year estimates, Canada, all provinces except Prince Edward Island, 2022
When you’ll need your money influences how you choose to invest it.
If you have 10 years or more to invest, you likely want to focus on growth. If you need your money in the near term, or for income in retirement, you may start to focus more on preserving your savings and limiting risk.
Working toward a specific date provides perspective.
Having a target date makes it easier to design an investment plan that reflects both where you are and where you’re going.
The first 5 years
Up to 10 years before you retire
10 years before you retire
The first 10 years of retirement
After 10 years of retirement
Explore the journey to retirement and watch the glidepath in action. Take a closer look at each stage to understand how RBC Retirement Portfolios are built to support you to, and through retirement.
**For illustrative purposes only. Target allocation of the fund may vary in accordance with the targets outlined in the prospectus.
Inside RBC Retirement Portfolios
- Fuelled by a complementary mix of investment solutions from the RBC GAM fund family.
- Gradually shifts from growth-oriented solutions in the early years to more conservative, income-oriented investments at, and through, retirement.
- Globally diversifies your investment mix.
- Tactically shifts equity weighting to take advantage of market conditions in the short term.
We transition your investments to RBC Retirement Income Solution, 10 years after your target date. This solution is designed to help you create a sustainable, tax-efficient cash flow for retirement living.
RBC Portfolio Solutions Insights – Inside the mind of an investor
The human brain uses shortcuts and patterns to process information and make decisions quickly. This can be effective when learning a new language, picking up a new skill or making dinner plans. But it can lead to behavioural biases that can cause us to think and act in curious ways. Particularly when it comes to investing.
- RBC Retirement Income Solution
- RBC Retirement 2020 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2025 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2030 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2035 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2040 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2045 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2050 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2055 Portfolio
- RBC Retirement 2060 Portfolio
To learn more about RBC Retirement Portfolios, speak to an advisor.